Whilst at Made in Birmingham, and Big Centre Television before it, I produced a number of promotional trailers which served to advertise upcoming programmes. Here are some of them, but do remember that the programmes may not still be airing at the advertised time!
A quick note about how the listings below work. Videos all play in the main big screen, and you choose from the thumbnail listing underneath! There are the occasional veriation on a theme (see if you can sport the differences). Some of the titles are obvious, some still feature the internal codes. For example: “AE WEEK” is “A&E on the Road“, “MCGOA” is the reality show “Game of Attraction“, “NEWSDAILY” and “FINALSOCIAL” are the afternoon trailers for the evening “Birmingham News” programme.
This article, along with various others in my website are part of the wider story of Big Centre Television as seen from the perspective of the programmes I was making at the time. Most of the articles contain a video gallery of the original shows that I made.
I was with Big Centre Television from the very first day of production in January 2015 until the last of the original team were made redundant in November 2017 when the bulk of production and operations were being moved up to Leeds, the HQ of Made TV with whom Big Centre had merged in October 2016. Big Centre had a wonderful team all the way through, I miss them all and I remain really proud of what we ultimately achieved.
Contents (click an entry to go to that page)
- The Beginning
- Spring 2015 - An (Early) Day In The Life
- July/August 2015: Postbag
- Summer 2015 - Reading The Television News (new 18th June 2021)
- Summer 2015: Crossroads Check-In
- August 2015: The Story of Children's Television
- Bloopers and Behind the Scenes
- Autumn 2015: The Big Centre Magazine
- Winter 2015: The Midland – Weekend Edition
- Continuity - The Bits Between TV Programmes
- Spring/Summer 2016: The Big Magazine (updated 27th May 2021)
- Autumn 2016 - Spring 2017: Weekend Magazine (Walsall) (updated & revised 27th May 2021)
- Promotional Trailers
- Summer 2017: Weekend Magazine (Birmingham)
- Autumn 2017: Community Noticeboard... and The End...
As time goes on, I'll be filling in some of the gaps as well as adding more to these existing parts of the story too. If there's anything missing, or you'd like me to talk about something in particular, send me a message on social media (see the very top or very bottom of this page) or contact me through the website.